How to Scan with iPhone
Step 1: Choose a Scanning Method
If you want to scan documents receipts or any other paper-based materials with your iPhone there are two main methods you can use. You can either utilize the built-in Notes app or download a specialized scanning app from the App Store.
Step 2: Scan Using the Notes App
If you prefer using the built-in Notes app follow these steps:
- Open the Notes app on your iPhone.
- Create a new note by tapping on the square with a pen icon at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the camera icon within the note menu.
- Select “Scan Documents” from the available options.
- Position the document within the viewfinder ensuring it fits entirely on the screen.
- Wait for the app to automatically recognize capture the document.
- Make necessary adjustments such as cropping or rotation if needed.
- Save the scanned document by tapping on “Keep Scan” or retake it if necessary.
- Repeat these steps for additional pages if needed.
- When finished tap on “Save” to save the scanned document to your Notes app.
Step 3: Use a Scanning App from the App Store
If you prefer using a third-party scanning app there are plenty of options available for download from the App Store. Here’s a general guide:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- In the search tab type in “scanner” or “scan documents” to browse available scanning apps.
- Select a scanning app that suits your preferences download it.
- Open the app grant access to your camera if prompted.
- Position your document within the camera’s viewfinder.
- Allow the app to automatically recognize capture the document.
- Apply any necessary adjustments such as enhancing the scan quality or applying filters.
- Save the scanned document to your device or share it via email messaging apps or other platforms.
Step 4: Explore Additional Features
Both the Notes app third-party scanning apps often offer additional features to enhance your scanning experience. These can range from options like converting scanned documents into PDFs annotating or signing documents organizing scanned files into folders or even performing optical character recognition (OCR) to extract text from scans.
Scanning documents with your iPhone has become a convenient way to digitize store important paper materials. By following the steps outlined in this article you can easily scan documents using either the built-in Notes app or a third-party scanning app from the App Store. Additionally exploring the additional features available in these apps can further enhance your scanning experience. So get your iPhone ready choose the scanning method that suits you best start scanning away!