How to Screenshot on a Dell Desktop Computer
Knowing how to take screenshots on your Dell desktop computer can be incredibly useful when you want to capture important information save images or share something interesting with others. Luckily Dell desktop computers make this task quite simple. In this article we will guide you through the various methods you can use to take screenshots on your Dell desktop computer.
Method 1: Using the Print Screen Key
The most common method to screenshot on a Dell desktop computer is by using the Print Screen key on your keyboard. Follow the steps below to capture your screen:
- Make sure the screen you want to capture is visible on your desktop.
- Locate the Print Screen (PrtScn) key on your keyboard usually found in the upper right corner.
- Press the Print Screen key. This will save a screenshot of your entire screen to your clipboard.
- Open an image editing program such as Microsoft Paint or Adobe Photoshop.
- Paste the captured screenshot by pressing Ctrl + V or by clicking on the Edit menu selecting Paste.
- Save the screenshot as an image file in your desired location.
Method 2: Using the Snipping Tool
If you only want to capture a specific portion of your screen Dell desktop computers also come with a helpful built-in tool called the Snipping Tool. Here’s how to use it:
- Open the Start menu type “Snipping Tool” in the search bar. Click on the tool when it appears in the search results.
- Click on the New button in the Snipping Tool window. Your screen will dim the cursor will turn into a crosshair.
- Click drag the crosshair to select the area you want to capture. Once released the selected portion will appear in the Snipping Tool window.
- Click on the Save icon or go to File > Save As to save the screenshot in your preferred location.
Method 3: Using Keyboard Shortcuts
If you are using Windows 10 or newer Dell desktop computers also have a handy keyboard shortcut for taking quick screenshots. Here’s how to use it:
- Press the Windows key the Print Screen key simultaneously. Your screen will briefly dim to indicate that a screenshot has been taken.
- Open the Pictures folder on your computer. Inside locate the Screenshots folder where all your captured screenshots are automatically saved as image files.
Screenshots can be incredibly helpful in a variety of situations with Dell desktop computers capturing them is a breeze. Whether you prefer using the Print Screen key the Snipping Tool or the convenient keyboard shortcut you can easily take save screenshots on your Dell desktop computer. Experiment with these methods find the one that suits your needs best.