How to Unlock iPad Passcode Without Computer
Forgetting your iPad passcode can be a frustrating experience especially if you don’t have access to a computer. However there are ways to unlock your iPad without using a computer. In this article we will walk you through a few methods that can help you regain access to your iPad.
Method 1: Using Find My iPad
One of the easiest ways to unlock your iPad without a computer is by using the Find My iPad feature a service provided by Apple. Here’s how you can do it:
- On another device go to iCloud.com sign in using your Apple ID password.
- Click on “Find iPhone” then select “All Devices”.
- Choose your iPad from the list of devices.
- Click on “Erase iPad” to erase all the data on your device including the passcode.
- Set up your iPad as new you will no longer have a passcode.
Method 2: Using Siri
If you have enabled Siri on your locked iPad you can take advantage of a bypass method using voice commands. Here’s what you need to do:
- Activate Siri by long-pressing the Home button or using the “Hey Siri” command.
- Ask Siri to open any app that requires internet access such as Safari or Weather.
- With the app open use Siri to search for anything that involves opening a webpage like “search for penguins”.
- Tap on a link in the search results which will open it in Safari.
- Once Safari is open you can freely access your iPad without a passcode.
Method 3: Using iCloud Backup
If you have previously backed up your iPad data to iCloud you can use this method to unlock your device:
- Erase your iPad by entering the wrong passcode multiple times until you see the message “iPad is disabled” or “connect to iTunes”.
- Tap on “Erase iPad” to wipe all data.
- During setup choose the option to restore from iCloud backup.
- Select the latest backup that was made before you forgot your passcode.
- Wait for the restoration process to complete then you can access your iPad without a passcode.
Forgetting your iPad passcode can be a stressful situation but if you don’t have access to a computer all hope is not lost. The methods mentioned above can help you unlock your iPad without a computer allowing you to regain access to your device continue using it without any limitations.